Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST: THE FINAL INTERPRETATION

Having invested 6 years and millions of brain cells in Lost, I am sad to see it over. I was “live chatting”, as had become my habit, during The End, and I was almost overwhelmed by the immediate backlash and disappointment from the Lost fanbase. (I must say that my immediate reaction was “I LOVED the episode up until the last 15 minutes.)

“They didn't explain anything,” fans wailed. “What was the island? What about all of our questions? The mythology?”

I contend that the answers were there, people; you just had to look for them. So what I am going to attempt to do is to clarify the missing pieces for those left feeling nothing but cheated.  If you have a favorite question you'd like to see me tackle, please let me know. 

Some of the questions I intend to tackle include:

   1. What is the Island?
   2. What was the Smoke Monster?
   3. How did the Valenzetti equation factor into things?
   4. What Motivated Charles Widmore?
   5. What Was the Deal with Dharma?
   6. What was the Flash Sideways?

I'll be writing up my initial theories and reactions, as well as any discoveries I make during the course of my organized re-watch.  I may also repost theories I've posted on other sites in the past, and note how/if my interpretations changed after the finale.

My next post will tackle the question :What is the Island?  I am working on that post now.  Let me just tease you by saying it explains the island in relation to The Big bang Theory (the scientific principle, not the TV show.)  Meanwhile, I'll start the discussion by saying that the Island happenings were real; the Flash Sideways were not.

Namaste and Aloha.


LaurelNev

No comments:

Post a Comment